Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2018

Things Ian Told Me....

My grandson Ian
has always been an old soul. Full of love and wise beyond his years. During our time together, he has been quite a source of inspiration.

I love to remind him of things he has done or said that I will always cherish and remember. Ian, if you read this, know that I love these memories of you. My honest to a fault grandson with a heart of gold.

When he was about 2-3 or so, these things happened:

I have dyed my hair since I was in my mid-thirties. Being little, Ian was unaware of this. One time, he was standing next to me (as I was sitting and bending my head in his direction) and had a good look at the top of my head (my roots were coming in white...time for a dye job!) and announced, "Gaga, some of my hair fell onto your head!" (He had almost white/blonde hair). He wasn't being sassy...he really thought this, lol. 

Another time after Christmas shopping during the Christmas season he whispered to me, "Gaga, we got you a present with letters in it. But don't tell anyone....it's a secret".....lol (on Christmas day, I found out it was a Deluxe Scrabble game....we still play it!). 

My daughter got a cool idea for a "surprise Anniversary/birthday" present for me....a professional portrait of all my kids, their spouses and grandkids. They carefully made plans so that I would be surprised. But Ian spilled the beans a few days later (after picture day) when he announced to me that they had all done something on "picture day"[although, as my 4 children will tell you, I am very hard to keep secrets from.....it is my snoopy nature, lol.....Michael and Holland went to the movies on a weekday (first weird thing) then I called Rianna's house that day....he answered and I figured something was up....they tried to cover it up by saying that the movie had sold out and instead of coming home, they visited Rianna instead 😉]






No comments:

Post a Comment