Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Fifteenth Birthday

When I told my three year old grandson, Ian, that I could not believe I was turning 50 the next day, he goes, "No, FIFTEEN!" So, I told everyone that Ian said I was turning 15... Then I realized that 15 was about high as Ian can count. So if he is three and can count to about 15-20, that must make me pretty old in his eyes, LOL!

The kids threw me a very intimate surprise party at my daughter's house (I thought we were just having an impromptu cookout). My daughter, Hollie, had the idea for all of the kids to chip in and get a professional portrait taken of all the kids and grandkids (Rachel Droppers of www.lightfalling.com ). I was so touched by the thoughtfullness of all of them getting together and doing this for me and loved the pictures so much that I started to cry.

Melody did the cake and decorations - lavender and purple - my favorite colors. The food was fantastic - again a lot of my faves (no beef for Bob): beer can chickens (cooked out by Perry), 3 kinds of kabobs, papa's potato salad and a strawberry green salad(made by Rianna), Melody's fruit salad and deserts she knows I like...all of it was so good! I forgot to take pics though because I was enjoying myself too much! Everything was so pretty...I have very meticulous party givers in my family!

Here is the portrait that my daughter had framed for me. I also got a storage box/ottomon/end table combo (that is perfect for storing toys and also converts to a snack table-thanks Rianna and Perry), Melody and Andy are refurbishing a beloved bench for my new "grandma's garden/patio area" (a to-be-made gift from Bob)

, which will sit right next to my cool new waterfall/fountain from Bob. I feel truly blessed!

1 comment: